I’m looking forward meeting a lot of interesting people, and having a great conference!
And if you are not attending, the below guidelines will help you get started doing cross platform FireMonkey development in Delphi :)
Installation instructions on the Windows PC
- Install RAD Studio XE2 and the on-line help (use the default settings in all steps)
- Install InterBase XE Developer edition
Installation instructions on the Mac
For FireMonkey Mac OS X development
- Copy the file setup_paserver.zipto your Mac. Usually you can find it in here (X: is your Windows drive):64-bits system: X:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\PAServer32-bits system: X:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\PAServer
- Unpack the file setup_paserver.zip on your Mac (you will get the file setup_paserver)
- Run the setup_paserver on the Mac.
- InterBase Developer edition:follow the general Installation instructions on the Embarcadero site,followed by the speficif Mac OS X instructies on the Embarcadero site.
For Apple iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch) development
- Download and Install Xcode 4 from the Apple site (you need to register for an account first) http://developer.apple.com/xcode/
- Copy the file FireMonkey-iOS.dmgto your Mac; Usually you can find it in here (X: is your Windows drive):64-bits system: X:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\FireMonkey-iOS32-bits system: X:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\FireMonkey-iOS
- The file FireMonkey-iOS.dmgis a Mac disk image.Mount the DMG image on your Mac. It will be openend in /Volumes/FireMonkey-iOS/ and you will see 2 installers.
- Install both in this order:a. fpc-2.4.4.intel-macosx.pkg (it tells you that it will take 2 minutes, usually it will take less time)b. FireMonkey-iOS-XE2.pkg (it tells you it installs in “less than a minute”, usually it takes much longer, and can take more than 15 minutes)
- In the Mac Finder, Eject the mounted DMG
See also these two online instructions: