VMware fusion on MacBook Air with OS X Lion seems to hang when getting back from sleep – Super User
Posted by Jeroen Pluimers on 2011/11/14
If you have reactions on the question below, please add them to the SuperUser.com thread when possible.
Every once in a while, my MacBook Air becomes unresponsive when it is sleeping and I open the lid.
It seems to only happen in these circumstances:
- the MacBook air got into sleep modus because of closing the lid
- VMware Fusion 4 (4.0.2 build 491587) is running full screen
- The guest OS has a blank screen screen saver
When opening the lid, the backlight goes on, but the MacBook Air does not react on any key-combinations I tried.
I tried these, but to no avail:
- press the Touchpad
- press Control + Command
- press Control + Command + Enter
- press Command + Tab
The only thing that works is to press the Power button for 5+ seconds (forcing a hard power off) then reboot.
- For anyone having seen similar bahviour: what circumstances did you have?
- Any solution to this apart from first suspending the guest VM?