Great stuff, not only for Android design: Paul Burke – Google+ – Slides from my talk at the New York Android Designers….
Archive for the ‘Mobile Development’ Category
Posted by jpluimers on 2013/03/29
Posted by jpluimers on 2013/02/27
Posted by jpluimers on 2012/08/15
A few weeks ago, Bill Karwin did a must watch webinar on the prevention SQL Injection titled ”SQL Injection Myths and Fallacies“.
- was product manager of InterBase (its screaming multi-generational database architecture - invented in the 80s by Jim Starkey, based on immutability now far more widespread and called MultiVersion Concurrency Control - still baffles many people)
- worked on Firebird
- is author of the book The Pragmatic Bookshelf | SQL Antipatterns: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Database Programmings, available on Amazon.
- is autohor of IBPerl
- is frequent answerer on many SQL related forums and QA sites, for instance Bill on StackOverflow
Watching it you’ll get a better understanding of defending against SQL injection.
A few very valuable points he made: Read the rest of this entry »
Posted by jpluimers on 2012/07/24
Just in case I need to get my Android contacts issue solved by brushing off some Java knowledge and going for Java using Eclipse on my MacBook Air:
- Installing Eclipse on Mac OS X.
- How to Install the Android SDK (Software Development Kit).
(I already had an old version of this because of my MonoDroid experiments from the past, so I could upgrade to the latest by using the Android SDK and AVD Manager, in fact I was two versions behind the current, which means now there is are a separate Android SDK Manager for installing development stuff and AVD Manager for managing the virtual Android devices)
- ADT Plugin | Android Developers, which integrates both the SDK and AVD managers (and a truckload of other stuff) into Eclipse.
(But oy, I wish they digitally signed their stuff like Eclipse expects;
the same holds for the Eclipse examples themselves; they are unsigned too).
All of the above was to try out this: Android-er: Create SD Card in Android Emulator and copy files into, in Eclipse, Emulator and DDMS..
Which in turn I needed for this: Current status on the “Android help needed: App that cleans up the Contacts mess that the LinkedIn app left behind” « The Wiert Corner – irregular stream of Wiert stuff « The Wiert Corner – irregular stream of Wiert stuff.