Last week, I viewed to webinars. A smaller one Geek Fest – Automating the ForgeRock Platform Installation about Ansible installation of Unix machines, and the first 70% of the last day ofCodeRage 9 | Free Development Event by Embarcadero.
Both had a bad experience because of GoToWebinar has a really bad user experience.
- When a GoToWebinar connection terminates, the GoToWebinar client closes. You loose everything in the Q&A log. You need to hope someone else saved the Q&A log so you can see the public questions, but the private comments you made are gone.
- It is impossible to install the Windows client when you are behind a McAfee Web Gateway that filters downloads and HTTPS traffic. After trying for about 15 minutes, we gave up and reverted back to a Mac over another connection. It meant we could not use the conference room and had to cram many people behind a small MacBook screen.
- The Mac OS X client does not allow you to resise the Q&A log, so even on a 4k display, you can see like 10 lines of Q&A.
- When there are many attendees, the refresh rate slows down from sub second to once per 5-10 seconds, this is really bad when watching demos of software: a big aim of webinars.
When terminating, the only thing GoToWebinar allows you to do is give feed back (too bad they don’t allow for detailed feed back). So I gave it 0 out of 5 stars.
PS: I could save the below Q&A logs. If you have other logs, please let me know so I can publish them. I’m especially interested in Have You Embraced Your Inner Software Plumber Yet? by David Schwartz – The Tool Wiz
These are the CodeRage 9 – Object Pascal Sessions I could save the Q&A log of:
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: Creating Beautiful Animations in your Desktop and Mobile Applications Boian Mitov.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: Advanced RTTI in Object Pascal – Ray Konopka.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: Android Push Notifications – Jeff Lefebvre.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: Understanding Distributed Version Control – Robert Love.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: Bluetooth Classic and LE Programming with VCL and FMX – Diego Navarro.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: InterBase Keynote – Stephen Ball.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: Working with PDF and Office Documents using VCL and FireMonkey – Girish Patil.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A: NestedDataSets in ClientDataSets – Cary Jensen.
- CodeRage 9 Q&A log: ClientDataSets and FDMemTables Compared – Cary Jensen.