Posted by jpluimers on 2015/09/29
Below are the captions, read the full article as it is very well written.
Why your code is hard to understand
- Problem #1, Overly Complex Mental Models
- Problem #2, Poor Translation of Semantic Models into Code
- Class Structure and Names
- Variable, Parameter and Method Names
- Single Responsibility Principle (SRP)
- Appropriate Comments
- Problem #3, Not Enough Chunking
- Problem #4, Obscured Usage
- Problem #5, No Clear Path Between the Different Models
- Problem #6, Inventing Algorithms
via: Why Your Code Is So Hard to Understand – CodeProject.
Posted in Delphi, .NET, Software Development, Development, Web Development | 5 Comments »
Posted by jpluimers on 2015/06/15
A few tools that help you watch changes in html pages, even these pages do not have RSS: they make a feed out of a page.
Posted in Development, HTML, Power User, Software Development, Web Development | Leave a Comment »
Posted by jpluimers on 2015/05/26
Nice question (thanks aplm!), as for instance Gist does not render html:
Pastebin is a useful online tool to paste snippets of text. Pastie is a similar tool. Also, Ideone is similar except that it also runs the source code, as well as being a general pastebin.
Is there a similar tool, for HTML?
And ditto links in the answer (thanks meder!):
Unbelievable that such questions get closed as “not constructive”.
Note I could not get http://www.pastekit.com to work.
Posted in Development, HTML, HTML5, Software Development, Web Development | Leave a Comment »
Posted by jpluimers on 2015/04/29
Front-end web development isn’t my core area of expertise, but every now and then I am slightly more than the usual spectator and do get involved.
This case it was about helping to prevent The Clickjacking attack by using the The X-Frame-Options response header from RFC 7034.
Lots of people seem to have questions about it: Highest Voted ‘x-frame-options’ Questions – Stack Overflow.
So, from The X-Frame-Options response header:
There are three possible values for X-Frame-Options:
- The page cannot be displayed in a frame, regardless of the site attempting to do so.
- The page can only be displayed in a frame on the same origin as the page itself.
- The page can only be displayed in a frame on the specified origin.
Posted in Development, Software Development, Web Development | Leave a Comment »