Posted by jpluimers on 2014/10/09
When using any version control system, understanding which idiom you should follow to do proper branching, merging, tagging, etc is key to your process, and the most difficult thing to get a feel for.
For me, the most confusing part is that branches, tags, and the trunk are directories (both on your development system and the SVN server), and it is hard to see which local directory is switched to what remote one.
As soon as I understood that this was the most confusing aspect for me, I could focus on it and handle it much better.
For SVN (and TortoiseSVN), these links proved to be very valuable for me: Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Development, Software Development, Source Code Management, Subversion/SVN | Leave a Comment »
Posted by jpluimers on 2014/09/18
Recently I got an error like this in Continua CI:
Build ErrorUnable to start build – No changesets found in repository: [FastMM-jeroenp]
This was about my Git FastMM repository on BitBucket. Which is a Git repository originally gotten through Git SVN (more on that at a later time).
Since it is not an SVN repository, SVN – No changesets found in repository – VSoft Technologies does not apply, but got me closer to the solution
The solution is this
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in Continua CI, Continuous Integration, Development, DVCS - Distributed Version Control, git, Software Development, Source Code Management, Subversion/SVN | 2 Comments »
Posted by jpluimers on 2014/09/11
For a breaking issue, there has been an important bug fix to Coninua CI. From the downloads page:
From the change log:
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted in .NET, Continua CI, Continuous Integration, Delphi, Development, DVCS - Distributed Version Control, git, Mercurial/Hg, Software Development, Subversion/SVN | Leave a Comment »
Posted by jpluimers on 2014/08/28
Often the git command-line is easier to than merge a combination of changes, moves and deletions using SourceTree.
If you know how to read the git status output, and to act accordingly.
This tells you how: Git: how to resolve merge conflicts | softwarecave.
Posted in Development, DVCS - Distributed Version Control, git, Power User, Source Code Management | Leave a Comment »
Posted by jpluimers on 2014/08/20
via the SourceTree for Windows 1.6 – Now Available! | SourceTree Blog.
Make sure you download the 1.6.1 version as that is really the latest:
- All new file status view
- Improved diff view
- New view configurations
- Cleaner user interface
- All new welcome wizard
- SRCTREEWIN-1902: Fix crash bug when trying to create a new repo from hosted repos screen
- SRCTREEWIN-1915: Fix a rare crash bug which could happen when closing/re-opening a repository
- SRCTREEWIN-1894: Staging/unstaging will get ‘stuck’ and not refresh the file list if you turn on ‘always display full console output’ when performing these operations. The refreshing now happens regardless of whether that option is turned on or not.
- SRCTREEWIN-1897: Fix a crash bug when listing Stash repos from hosted repos list.
- Confirming removing files now shows the file names in a list so you know which files you’re removing
- SRCTREEWIN-1909: Can now commit files if committing individually even if they’re at the root and not using staging (so either Mercurial, or no staging mode in Git)
via: SourceTree Release Notes.
Posted in Development, DVCS - Distributed Version Control, git, Mercurial/Hg, Software Development, Source Code Management, SourceTree | Leave a Comment »