Some notes and links for Chromecast development:
- Streaming to URL that is based on IP-address or a publicly visible hostname (i.e. the DNS entry must be accessible from Google services).
- You can host in a public directory on a Google Drive.
- Lots of examples at Google Cast; start with googlecast/CastHelloText-chrome and googlecast/CastHelloVideo-chrome and googlecast/CastVideos-chrome..
- Android development is not yet possible as it requires the Google Play Services library version 15, which will become available when the Google Play Services version 4.2.39 has been rolled out to enough Android devices.
- Join the Google Cast Developers – Community – Google+.
- The Google Cast team monitors even more resources. I’ve mentioned most already, except for:
- Google Cast on StackOverflow.
- Shawn Shen – Google+ – Public beta channel for the Google Cast extension (for Chrome)….
- Mathieu Gosbee – Google+ – I added a local video streaming Chrome App….
- Leon Nicholls – Google+ – Web Audio API Protip….
- Icon resources can be downloaded from Google Cast Downloads – Google Cast — Google Developers.
- The First Wave of New Chromecast Apps Is Here – ReadWrite.
- Leon Nicholls – Google+ – Closed Captioning protip.
- Beste practice: testing for library availability.
- John Affaki – Google+ – Publishing Apps..
- Leon Nicholls – Google+ – Sender Protips Based on our experiences with helping launch Cast apps….
Some nice apps:
- PhotoCast for Chromecast – Android Apps on Google Play.
- Vignesh Venkat – Google+ – Chromecast URL Player. Casts any video/image given a URL.