After all my address-contacts trouble I was hoping my phone would behave for at least a while.
Not so, like in the past it often:
- pops up a black screen while using the phone book requiring a power button reboot
- looses Bluetooth in the middle of a call, requiring a hard reboot (remote battery, insert battery, start over)
- looses GSM/UMTS connection in the middle of a call, basically terminating the call
- looses internet data connection, requiring a hard reboot
- looses GPS connection, not sure about a work around
- turns off the vibrate, but doesn’t turn on the ring tone (so I miss lots of phone calls)
- turns of Bluetooth and/or WiFi after a reboot
- finds out even the basic apps like mail, phone or calendar hang and need to be “reported”, but I never get follow-ups on that
- refuses to sync important data because “it will retry later”
- cannot find contacts in the database, but after manually re-adding them, you suddenly have two
- the mail app keeping restarting while fetching mails
What kept me using it was the usefulness of many apps.
But now I won’t any more: the last 4 days, the gMail app managed to use almost 1 gigabyte of data (my monthly plan) for no reason at all.
That was the limit.
Bye bye Android.
Now I just need to decide:
- iPhone 5
- Windows Phone 8
Given the update track-record of Apple, this is a no brainer.