Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE got RTM and are available for ordering now
Posted by jpluimers on 2010/08/31
While writing this blog entry, I’m installing my new copy of Delphi XE (formerly called Delphi 2011 by some people).
Contact my colleague Gwan Tan if you want to order it from Dutch speaking countries, and Thorsten Nannen if you want to order it from German speaking countries.From this Delphi and RAD Studio version on, the XE is now part of the product name – indicating the new family of Heterogeneous products from Embarcadero.
It signified heterogeneous across a broad level of areas: database, datasnap, interoperability, clouds, et cetera.
In the future, it will add a variety of OS platforms and architectures.
The XE versions also include new 3rd party tools and components, that each – depending on the Delphi XE product edition (professional/enterprise/architect) you choose – add extra functioality:
- Raize Software CodeSite Express 4 for logging
- AutomatedQA AQTime 7 for profiling
- Scooter Software Beyond Compare for doing file compare and differencing magic
- VSoft Technologies FinalBuilder for visual build automation
- /n software IP*Works components for more internet connectivity
Check out the product feature matrix so see which features are in which edition.
If you order RAD Studio XE, you will get these products in addition to Delphi XE:
- C++Builder XE for C++ developoment
- Delphi Prism XE for .NET development
- RAD PHP XE for PHP development
Links I kept: