Posted by jpluimers on 2013/05/22
My Google Reader alternatives shortlist comes down to these 3
- PRO: imports GR including which posts you already read.
- PRO: GR imported posts contains all history (even from blog feeds that are now defunct)
- CON: slows down browser considerably
- CON: UI has too much whitespace
- CON: UI is slow (browsing with j/k takes ages)
- PRO: uses as much screen estate as possible
- PRO: very fast UI
- CON: GR import misses the read/unread markers
- CON: GR import incomplete (so now defunct feeds do not appear)
One of the reasons I want to have the defunct feeds, is that it contains the old blog of a friend that passed away.
Did you make a choice yet?
via: Google Reader stops at 2013-07-01: How can I download my Reader data? (via: Reader Help) « The Wiert Corner – irregular stream of stuff.
Posted in Google, GoogleReader, Power User | Tagged: blogging, technology, ui | 10 Comments »
Posted by jpluimers on 2012/12/26
If recent comments like below are flagged automagically as SPAM, then any political info will get auto-flagged as SPAM too (:
There are actually loads of details like that
to take into consideration. That may be a nice point to convey up.
I offer the thoughts above as common inspiration but clearly
there are questions just like the one you deliver up where an important factor will likely be
working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have
emerged around issues like that, but I am sure that your job is
clearly identified as a good game. Both boys and girls really feel the impact of
just a second’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.
Posted in Opinions | Tagged: blogging | Leave a Comment »