Many, many nice sayings have been done about Programming, Software Development, the people that do the work, etc.
I collected a few links to nice lists of them, and used some of them at my talk on The Best C# Extension Methods at the BASTA! Spring 2011 conference this week in Darmstadt, Germany (yes, I do speak German, don’t ask me about my German writing though <g>).
A few teasers:
Programming is similar to a game of golf. The point is not getting the ball in the hole but how many strokes it takes.
If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.
They don’t make bugs like Bunny anymore.
So here it goes:
- 27 Insipiring Top Notch Programming Quotes on MarcoFolio.net
- Programming Quotes, Sayings about Programmers, Software Developers, Application Development on QuoteGarden.com
- Great Programming Quotes on StackOverflow.com
- 101 Great Computer Programming Quotes on DevTopics.com
- 101 More Great Computer Quotes on DevTopics.com
- Top 50 Programming Quotes of All Time on TechSource