The Wiert Corner – irregular stream of stuff

Jeroen W. Pluimers on .NET, C#, Delphi, databases, and personal interests

  • My badges

  • Twitter Updates

  • My Flickr Stream

  • Pages

  • All categories

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 1,418 other followers

libssh-delphi will migrate from Mercurial on BitBucket to git on GitHub soon (or finding about “fatal: repository … not found”, “MSVCR120.dll is missing” and “D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing” when prepping a fresh VM for a presentation)

Posted by jpluimers on 2018/03/08

When git on Windows suddenly gives you this when the repository URL opens fine in Chrome:

C:\Users\jeroenp\Versioned>git clone https://bitbucket.org/jeroenp/libssh2-delphi
Cloning into 'libssh2-delphi'...
remote: Not Found
fatal: repository 'https://bitbucket.org/jeroenp/libssh2-delphi/' not found

but this worked fine:

C:\Users\jeroenp\Versioned>git clone https://github.com/jpluimers/GExperts.git
Cloning into 'GExperts'...
remote: Counting objects: 12031, done.
remote: Total 12031 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 12031R
Receiving objects: 100% (12031/12031), 9.77 MiB | 1.36 MiB/s, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (9284/9284), done.

I first thought “huh?”.

Then I remembered: this was a Mercurial repository, but I hardly use Mercurial any more…

C:\Users\jeroenp\Versioned>hg clone https://jeroenp@bitbucket.org/jeroenp/libssh
2-delphi
destination directory: libssh2-delphi
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 30 changesets with 56 changes to 25 files
updating to branch default
12 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

Since I wanted to switch away from bitbucket for a long time anyway, it was time to say goodbye and find out how to make the conversion to git.

A quick search revealed there were many tedious manual ways involving command-lines: [WayBack] Convert Mercurial project to Git – Stack Overflow

But then I found out that github can fully automagically import a Mercurial Repository (of course without the BitBucket attached bells and whistles like issue tracker):

So it is now at github.com/jpluimers/libssh2-delphi with one user still to be mapped at github.com … libssh2-delphi/import/authors: Zeljko Marjanovic. If I ever get in contact with him (I tried over the last 2 years), then I will add him.

For now, I will be in touch with Vadum Lou (a.k.a. https://github.com/pult, full nameVadim V. Lopushansky) who already made another manually copied fork and get his additions integrated.

I might redo the conversion process later on as at least some of his submissions are at least partially in a Mercurial pull request.

Then I need to merge the develop branch into the master branch and prepare a release.

Oh: if it fails to debug in Delphi, then run the EXE alone. You will get an error like this:

---------------------------
SftpClientDemo.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

I need to document this better in the README.md: the underlying libssh2 DLLs require the Visual Studio 2013 C++ run-time library to be installed. The latest version I could find as of writing is vcredist_x86.exe version 12.0.40649.5 from the Update for Visual C++ 2013 and Visual C++ Redistributable Package at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138367 (download selection) or http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/C/2/CC2DF5F8-4454-44B4-802D-5EA68D086676/vcredist_x86.exe (direct download).

I need to update If a program you wrote can’t start becuase MSVCR*.dll is missing, then you forgot to ship the Visual C++ runtime… from 2012 on this as well as there are more versions available now than listed there.

Another error I got was the one below when running .NET stuff, but that might be because Windows Update was in progress:

---------------------------
SourceTree.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Later: yes, that was indeed fixed during Windows update. Apparently, Microsoft has an update installation order issue or a dependency requirement issue where part of .NET depends on that DLL, even though it is not yet present.

–jeroen

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: