However, the blog is Spanish (that’s probably why he is not on DelphiFeeds), so if you do not understand that you had to live with the Google Translate versions of the pages.
Until CodeRage Mobile that is: Anders Ohlsson gave a English presentation:
Creating Apple Push Notification Services (APNS) for your Mobile Applications
iOS supports the Apple Push Notification Services (APNS) This session will show you how to create a push notification services as part of your mobile application. APNS is service for sending information to iOS and OSX devices. This session will show you how to create server and device applications that create notifications containing the device token and JSON payload property list.
Basically he covered these Spanish blog posts where you can download the source code (Google translation in parenthesis):
- Delphi XE4 iOS. Adicionando soporte a Notificaciones Remotas (Video y Código Fuente) |.
(Delphi XE4 iOS. Adding support for Notifications Remote (Video and Source) |)
- Delphi XE4 iOS. Flexibilizando el Soporte a Push Notification. Solucíon mas elegante! |.
(Delphi XE4 iOS. Easing the Push Notification Support. More elegant solution! |)
- Delphi iOS XE4. Apple Push Notification. Capturando la notificación cuando la aplicación no se está ejecutando. |.
(XE4 iOS Delphi. Apple Push Notification. Capturing the notification when the application is not running. |)
- Delphi iOS XE4. Apple Push. Configuración del Ambiente (Muy importante) |.
(XE4 iOS Delphi. Apple Push. Environment Settings (important) |)
- Application.Entitlement (cannot have CRLF, should have LF separators).
- Filenames to be deployed on iOS are CASE SENSITIVE!
(Though the similator is not, the actual iOS devices are).
- For identification of a device that is iOS 6 or up, do not use the Device ID (as UIDevice.uniqueIdentifier is deprecated and unavailable as of iOS 7), use the VendorID (UIDevice.identifierForVendor).
Olaf Monien has a great blog post about doing this from Delphi XE4: iOS: Identifying Your Users Devices – A Recipe How to Import iOS Classes | Olaf’s Thoughts About Development.