Apollo 11 guidance computer source code on github (it was available as a series of PDFs for a while)
Posted by jpluimers on 2016/07/14
Somebody lost hope – see the image on the right – or these two lines at GitHub.
Those are the OCR-ed and hand corrected sources from the stack of paper below: chrislgarry/Apollo-11: Original Apollo 11 guidance computer (AGC) source code digitized by folks at Virtual AGC (http://www.ibiblio.org/apollo/).
Some great links from the above Reddit thread:
- Don Eyles Walks Us Through the Lunar Module Source Code | Hackaday
- Don Eyles shows his paper copy of the Lunar Module source code – YouTube
- Online Apollo Guidance Computer Simulator
- Margaret Hamilton standing next to CODE, not references – Album on Imgur
- More great quotes in the code
- Numero Mysterioso: Apollo-11/LUNAR_LANDING_GUIDANCE_EQUATIONS.s at 5aed00266cccb4eb57378ca576f3fc5a390900e6 · chrislgarry/Apollo-11
- Good bye. Come again soon. Apollo-11/BURN_BABY_BURN–MASTER_IGNITION_ROUTINE.s at master · chrislgarry/Apollo-11
- Astronaut: please crank the silly thing around: Apollo-11/THE_LUNAR_LANDING.s at master · chrislgarry/Apollo-11
- Dionysian Flag Waving: Apollo-11/THE_LUNAR_LANDING.s at master · chrislgarry/Apollo-11
- Virtual AGC Assembly-Language Manual
- virtualagc – Virtual Apollo Guidance Computer (AGC) software – Releases · rburkey2005/virtualagc
- Check continuity on O2 cryogenic tanks before allowing stir · Issue #3 · chrislgarry/Apollo-11
- Assembly listing generated by yaYUL
Some more on the original PDFs from various sources:
- history – Development process used for the code on Apollo 11 missions? – Programmers Stack Exchange
- Apollo Lunar Module Computer Source Code Humour !
- There are some pretty great comments in here: ALARM_AND_ABORT.agc – http://www…. | Hacker News
- Apollo program source code | Rebrn.com