Too bad my TomTom XXL IQ 540SWE won’t work with a model 4V00.014 RDS/TMC FM antenna (which sits in-between the USB charger cable and the TomTom)
That would have been a really nice way to get rid of some of the cabling in the car.
Model 4UUC.001.01 does work (but has a 12V plug).
These models should work:
3. The USB version :
More recent version, but slower than the jack version. Note also that there are 2 versions available depending on your location :
– 4V00.014 or 9V00.101 which is the Europe-Australia version working on FM band.
4. The combined car charger with traffic receiver :
– 9UUC.002.00 (part number on box is 9UUC.002.00 and part number on item is 4UUC.001.01) which is the part number sold in Europe-Australia.
– 9UUC.052.02 which is the part number sold in North America.
7. Alternate solution, non TomTom : The GNS Traffic box.
I might resort to cutting open the 4UUC.001.01 model and get rid of the 12V plug.
See this video:
Inside the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver
Here is information about how you can modify your TomTom RDS-TMC traffic receiver for a hardwired installation. Use this information at your own risk. Have fun.
Source: TomTom RDS-TMC Antennas FAQ