Think twice before you give VMs extra vCPUs which they don’t really need. You can negatively impact the performance of your environment since the vmkernel has to try and find a time slot in which it can give all vCPUs access to the physical cores.
- Vmware vCPU to Physical CPU Mapping – The Low Down – Spiceworks
- Sizing VMs and NUMA nodes – frankdenneman.nl
- ESX 4.1 NUMA Scheduling – frankdenneman.nl
- vMotion – frankdenneman.nl
- Does corespersocket Affect Performance? – VMware vSphere Blog – VMware Blogs
- Understanding vSphere Virtual Cores, Virtual Sockets, and vCPUs