Notes and links on proxytunnel, sslh, apache, stunnel, putty, ssh and more
Posted by jpluimers on 2016/12/12
This is based on lots of help from Rui Seabra with a G+ remark I made a while ago: “So what would be a proper way to setup an SSH connection over HTTPS given that the proxy in between is CNTLM providing credentials to an NTLM authenticating proxy that does HTTPS man-in-the-moddle? Clients are Linux or Windows with admin access. On the outside Linux with admin access as well.
This is also becoming more and more relevant with “free” WiFi providers only allowing HTTP/HTTPS and playing HTTPS Man-in-the-Middle.”
So the situation is something like this:
- client ssh client
- stunnel client
- man-in-the-middle HTTP/HTTPS proxy only allowing outgoing traffic on ports 80/443
- server: sslh
- server apache daemon
- stunnel daemon
- server ssh daemon
- Windows and Linux Proxytunnel HOWTO, Firewall bypassing kit.
- sslh – Applicative Protocol Multiplexer (e.g. share SSH and HTTPS on the same port) yrutschle/sslh.
- Behind an apache proxy: Tunnel http + ssh — wiki.debian-fr.
- Proxy Hacks – Final. HTTPTunnel. Tunnel TCP / IP connections over plain old HTTP GET and POST requests. | Ubuntu, Life, Mobiles, Music, Movies, iPod and Ofcourse Windows!
- HTTPTunnel – Tunnel Connections Through Restrictive Proxies.
- SSH Over Proxy.
- mod_proxy_connect – Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4: AllowConnect
- Httptunnel with Apache.
- applet – Tunnel any kind of TCP traffic through HTTP/s – Stack Overflow.
- sshh download | SourceForge.net.
- HTTP tunneling – ArchWiki.
- Corkscrew (program) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Comparison of proxifiers – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Netcat – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Corkscrew is netcat, but over a proxy.
- stunnel – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Video: How to SSH Tunnel with PuttyTray.