Be sure to read the comments at Vysor is back, new features, paid option… there are a few gems in there including an upcoming Server based Vysor (yes, managing Android Farms!).
- Pro subscription is just USD 10 (or EUR 7.50) a year.
- Or USD 2 (EUR 1.50) a month.
- There is a a troubleshooting page.
The screen resolution still isn’t what it used to be, but I hope that bug gets fixed soon as well.
Anyway: “A window to your Android: Vysor – Chrome Web Store”
A lot of people use Vysor, mostly developers. There are nearly 20,000 active users per day. Half of those users are using it for over 4 hours a day.
I spent the weekend trying to figure out how to get the app back online for everyone, and in a sustainable freemium model. To that end:
- I removed the infringing h264 decoder and switched to the Chrome’s internal (ie, not packaged with Vysor) Pepper VideoDecoder introduced in Chrome 48.
- Vysor is now a subscription app.
… this weekend, I put my big boy pants on and implemented billing and some new features to go with it.
Here’s what Pro users get:
- High quality mirroring (free is 500Kbps, Pro gets you up to 2Mbit). This was made possible due to the new decoder.
- Fullscreen mode.
- Drag and drop files and APKs.
- Vysor Share.
- Some other features I have in the pipeline but did not make this release.
Vysor’s free version isn’t ad supported, I think that would ruin this sort of app. Your support as paid users is appreciated.
As Vysor sort of is open source, you can view github history.