Windows “Device Manager” – expand all nodes
Posted by jpluimers on 2011/09/23
With the increasing number of devices, it really helps to expand all nodes in the Device Manager’s tree view.
You cannot do this with the mouse, as none of the menu options contain an “Expand All” option.
But since the treeview, is the built-in Windows treeview (used in many places, like Windows explorer), you can use these shortcuts to expand/collapse nodes:
- Numeric Keypad *: Expands everything under the current selection
- Numeric Keypad +: Expands the current selection
- Numeric Keypad -: Collapses the current selection.
- RIGHT ARROW: Expands the current selection if it is not expanded, otherwise goes to the first child
- LEFT ARROW: Collapses the current selection if it is expanded, otherwise goes to the parent
This not only works in Microsoft Windows 7: Visual … – Google Books, I think it has been introduced as far back as Windows 95.