Smart Home review It’s been a few months since I replaced every switch in the…
Posted by jpluimers on 2016/09/23
Michael Aschenborn8:05 AM+5
I use openHAB and tasker as open source center of my home-automation. Use its bindings to knx, zwave, enocean, philipsTV, fritzbox, ifttt and network-pcs to control rollershutter, lights, multimedia, security etc.
It’s not app vs. wall-switches, thats interesting but the situative automatisation.
- a wall switch near my bed to switch off everything in the house
- automated rollershutter-settings if tv is switched on for not to be blinded
- if it’s ringing at the door i can open it from my Moto 360
- wheather-dependent automated control of my blinds saved me 500,- electricity-costs
- led-signaling if any window is opened
- jalousie and light-scenes instead of tons of wall-switches
- sunlight dependent control of decorative lights in the house
- remotecontrollabe per app, partial even per voice (“OK Google, shadow west facade”)
- combination with nfc-tags: to enable a garden powersocket just hold your phone near to it
- batteryless wireless enocean-wall-switches are perfect for kids loft bed or to stick it under the terrace-table
and much much more…