Schlechte Nachrichten für Fritz!box User: http://nic.box/ Euer http://fritz.b…
Posted by jpluimers on 2016/11/18
kris@h1755802:~> host fritz.box
fritz.box has address 127.0.53.53
fritz.box mail is handled by 10 your-dns-needs-immediate-attention.box.
Chrome knows about ICANN though and explains it in a slightly more readable form when browsing to http://fritz.box (:
This site can’t be reached
This site on the company, organization or school intranet has the same URL as an external website.
Try contacting your system administrator.ERR_ICANN_NAME_COLLISION
ERR_ICANN_NAME_COLLISION is the way that recent (well v43+) Google Chrome versions indicate that a top level domain is now taken.
The new toplevel domains post quite some issues with the Chrome omnibox for searching filenames having an extension now has become a top level domain (like .zip and the [WayBack] zip top level domain).
- while searching, always start with a double-quote
- use .local for your local domain
A similar thing caused quite some headaches when a large insurance company used “.insim.biz” domain as their domain name for the internal WAN as .biz had been registered as early as 2001 but they got the domain in 2008.
- [WayBack] Neue Top Level Domain .box bringt manche Netze durcheinander | heise online
- [WayBack] Name Collision Resources & Information – ICANN
- [WayBack] Delegated Strings | ICANN New gTLDs
- [WayBack] dns – Domain foo.bar points 127.0.53.53 — why? – Stack Overflow (thanks [WayBack] Sebastian)
- [WayBack] .box – ICANNWiki
- [WayBack] .zip – ICANNWiki
- [WayBack] .gmail – ICANNWiki