A while ago, i came across this interesting question: Are there optimal days/hours to post questions in order to get visibility and answers? – Meta Super User.
The recommended time 1400 UTC is related to my blog post scheduling behaviour.
Virtually all my blog posts are either (when both apply at the same time, that is pure coincidence):
- scheduled at 0600 WordPress time (which varies because of DST; usually it is either 0600 UTC or 0600 UTC+1)
- about “real world” events and just posted on the spot
I schedule posts on Monday through Friday:
- Monday + Friday I focus on Power User / Lifehacker topics
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I focus on Development topics
Difference between 0600 UTC and 1400 UTC
So why the time difference of about 8 hours between 0600 UTC and 1400 UTC?
That has to do with the public I generally interact with: software developers speaking English, mainly living in European and USA, with a minority in India, Asia and down-under.
- At 0600 UTC, most Europeans are about to wake up or just arrived at work, so they get fresh content. Still quite a few people from India and Asia are up (returning from work) can read it the same day it was posted. And virtually everyone in the USA is still sleeping, so they get fresh content too.
- At 1400 UTC, most Europeans are at work, people at the USA East Coast just started working and the rest of the USA is waking up and (hopefully) going to work. So you get a huge group of on-line people online with a high chance if comment/answer interaction on your question: great for getting answers on the same day.