In the future, I need to add my own experience as well. For now some links:
- Short stroking is the process by which the capacity of a volume is reduced in order to improve drive performance. There are benefits to short stroking any mechanical disk, regardless of whether the drives are used in any type of RAID array.via Short-Stroke: Why, and how….
- LSI 9260-8i w/ 6 256gb SSDs – RAID 5, 6, 10, or bad idea overall? – Server Fault.
- RAID Creation, Test Setup, And Throughput – Another Record Broken: 6 Gb SAS, 16 SSDs, 3.4 GB/s!.
- Intel SSD 520 RAID Review | StorageReview.com – Storage Reviews.
- LSI 9260-8i – poor random read/write performance with SSDs? | ServeTheHome and ServeThe.Biz Forums.