Are these universal for any ceiling fan/light? (the IR receivers of our BULLIT one broke) – via: Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Posted by jpluimers on 2015/08/22
We have two “Bullit” ceiling fans with built-in dimmable lights. Both of them started to malfunction after about 10 years of usage, about a year apart.
They are really nice, both in looks and build quality (heavy duty electric motor, cast aluminium block, screws nicely hidden away).
So this weekend, I took the canopy apart and found out that the receiver device that processes the infra-red signal has broken: it does not pass on the incoming current to either the light or the fan engine.
That receiver part looks like this (handheld is on the right):
- bottom: 3 incoming wires (Phase, Earth, Neutral),
- top: 3 outgoing wires (Phase Fan, Phase Light, Neutral),
- connector for IR sensor
- Connector to wire Earth to aluminium body
Is that a universal replacement for many ceiling fan/light devices?
Westinghouse has some other interesting products too:
- WESTINGHOUSE radio frequency remote control for ceiling fans: 7784140 touch screen.
- WESTINGHOUSE radio frequency remote control for ceiling fans: 7787440 normal buttons.
- 132 cm Westinghouse Techno in titanium with titanium-colored blades:7827040 LED lights.