Spring4D, Extended floating point values and Mac OS X: the 16-byte stack alignment
Posted by jpluimers on 2016/12/13
Just a few quick notes after solving a stack corruption issue in Spring4D on Mac OS X involving the Extended data type and 16-bit Stack Alignment:
- Delphi Considerations for Cross-Platform Applications – RAD Studio: Stack Alignment Issue on OS X.
- Using Inline Assembly Code – RAD Studio.
- assembly – What CPU registers are to be restored at the end of an asm procedure in Delphi – Stack Overflow.
- Inline Assembler in Delphi (I) – Introduction (Ernesto De Spirito) an article on delphi3000.com ||.
- x86 calling conventions – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- The OSX32 compiler favours the ESI register for loop variables, whereas the Win32 compiler favours the EBX register (from the x86 point of view they have a similar purpose).